Dental Hygienist for a Family Dental Clinic - Shrewsbury, MA
QR Code Link to This Post
Experienced dental hygienist needed for a well established family dental clinic in Shrewsbury MA.
The qualified candidate must possess:
- Experience with new patient exam, X-Rays, Recall patients. Also candidate must have experience with schedule future recall appointments, SRPs and other needed treatments.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions
- Providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
Applicant should be friendly with patients, gentle with kids, and good team player.