compensation: varies depending on experience, but room for growth. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Glenhaven Academy is a 34-bed residential treatment facility for adolescent males and females, specializing in trauma informed care treatment modalities including the ARC (Attachment, Regulation and Competency) framework. Glenhaven Academy provides comprehensive care including a school on site, a full clinical staff, nursing staff, and 24-hour direct care supervision. Students are referred to Glenhaven Academy based on struggles maintaining safety in less restrictive levels of care and to receive comprehensive support to make progress towards their treatment goals. The program provides long-term treatment to the students and their families while also maintaining safety 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Glenhaven Academy seeks a dynamic special Education Administrator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have had exposure to the state and federal regulatory environment. Excellent communication skills are essential, as are technology skills. At the student level, the candidate must have proven experience successfully relating to and educating multi-issue (behavioral and psychiatric) private special education students, communicating effectively with parents and school systems, and the knowledge to supervise and support teachers to address the instructional, curricular and behavioral needs of students. Is able to demonstrate extensive experience in developing, overseeing and implementing Individual Education Programs (IEP). Multi-tasking abilities are essential. Flexibility is a critical quality needed to manage what is often a student-issue driven environment.
• Hiring, supervision, team-teaching as part of supervision, evaluation and training, unit planning, curriculum planning, technology integration, IEP development, development and oversight of related systems to support these tasks.
• This position will also function as meeting chair, and public school liaison, and among others.
• Supervision and support are provided.
• An appreciation for working with diverse populations and a belief in high expectations is essential.
• Masters in Special Education, or a related field required
• MA DESE license in Moderate Disabilities, grades 8-12 grade required
• A MA DESE Special Education Administrator license is preferred
• At least 2 years of supervisory experience in an administrative role.
• Residential Facility or Group Home experience strongly preferred.
• Maintain a valid driver's license.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers