How does STRESS influence health and well-being?
A paid research study offers $20.00 for approximately 75 minutes.
Everyone experiences some kinds of stress, and it is important to know how stress may influence well-being and health.
**Participate in research study that asks these kinds of questions**
We assess health measures including heart rate, respiration, WHR, and hair cortisol (all non-invasive measures) to assess the relationships between health, cognition, and stress.
We will trim approximately 75 strands of hair to measure "hair cortisol." This is non-invasive and it not detectable in your hair style. The hair follicle is not pulled out, but we trim a small sample. This is a measure of chronic stress.
We will ask you about potential stressors, including personal stress levels, unfair treatment, and chronic stressors, as well as overall health and well-being.
To determine eligibility, can you please answer the following and send the answers back to us?
1) Do you have a heart murmur, pace maker?
2) Are you taking any medication related to heart disease or depression?
3) Will you be able to avoid caffeine and rigorous exercise for at least two hours before the study?
4) Are you 18-40 years old?
5) Are you US citizen?
6) What is your primary race/ethnicity?
7) Are you fluent in English (does not need to be your first language)?
8) Is your hair at least 1.5 inches long on the top and back of your head for the 75 strand hair clipping (this is usually unnoticeable in the hair style)
Name and email to be contacted:
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers