Participants needed for a Military Nutrition Research Study looking at the effects of a nutritional supplement on gut bacteria, and gastrointestinal, brain, and immune function at high altitude. You may be eligible if you:
QR Code Link to This Post
• Are a healthy male or female, 18-39 years old
• Have a body mass index (BMI) < 30 kg/m2
• Exercise at least 3 days/week
• Were not born at an altitude higher than 2,100 m (~7,000 ft).
• Are willing and able to:
1) Eat the study nutritional supplement
2) Follow a provided diet for 9 days three separate times during the study
3) Not consume probiotic containing foods like yogurt, and not take dietary supplements or medications
4) Not use nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol for 9 days at various times during study.
Commitment time is ~10 weeks (~173 hours in lab) and includes three ~40 hour stays in an altitude chamber. This study takes place at the U.S. Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine in Natick, MA.
You may be compensated up to $1300 (up to $600 if active duty military or federal civilian employee) for completing the study.
For more details and to learn if you are eligible, contact Dr. J. Philip Karl show contact info